Sunken by rogue pirates
Capture of the French barque
|Behind the scenes|
Destroyed by another pirate ship
- "Me ship was a tidy little schooner name of Cobra."
- ―Hector Barbossa to pirates assembled at Shipwreck Cove[src]
- "Two months ago, almost to the day, me ship Cobra was attacked and sunk by one of our own."
- ―Hector Barbossa to pirates assembled at Pirate Hall[src]
It is unknown how Barbossa obtained Cobra, by stealing it or in some other way. When Cobra attacked and plundered a French barque loaded with ivory, she sailed to the waters north of Bermuda. She was soon spotted by a mysterious sloop, which turned out to be a pirate ship too. But surprisingly, the mysterious sloop opened fire on Cobra. After the long, heavy fighting, Cobra sank to the bottom of the ocean. Barbossa almost drowned in a futile attempt to save Polly, his pet monkey, but he was saved by two of his crewmembers, Pintel and Ragetti.
Two months later, Barbossa and his men were picked up in Tortuga by Don Rafael, Pirate Lord of the Caribbean. Don Rafael took them to Shipwreck Cove, where Barbossa told the tale of his disaster to assembled pirates.
- The Price of Freedom (First mentioned)
|Pirate ships in Pirates of the Caribbean|