Crewman of the Cursed Crew
|Ship(s) captained or crewed|
|Behind the scenes|
Clubba joined the crew of Captain Jack Sparrow prior to the search for Isla de Muerta, and served under Sparrow until the night of Barbossa's mutiny. Clubba and the rest of the crew stood by Barbossa against Jack, who was then marooned while the crew, now serving Barbossa, continued on to Isla de Muerta. There, they took the treasure of Hernán Cortés and spent it all on life's pleasures. It was only later that the crew realized the treasure was cursed. Clubba found himself unable to die, and unable to feel neither pleasure nor pain. Under moonlight, he and the crew became walking skeletons, and the undead men began their quest to return all eight hundred and eighty two gold coins to Isla de Muerta.
Years later he participated in the attack on Port Royal, slaughtering many civilians. He and the rest of the cursed crew returned to the Pearl with Elizabeth Swann as a prisoner. When the cursed crew chased the HMS Interceptor, he ended up getting stuck hanging from a rope. Therefore, he did not participate in the boarding of the Interceptor.
Clubba, like most of the other pirates from Barbossa's crew, fought against the British Royal Navy onboard the HMS Dauntless when Commodore Norrington's men launched an assault on the island. Clubba battled the Navy crew until the curse was lifted, and, upon seeing Koehler dead, dropped his cutlass and was taken back to Port Royal to be hanged.
Behind the Scenes Edit
- When the cursed crew were first identified, Clubba was confused with Weatherby. It was assumed that Clubba stayed behind at Isla De Muerta and died with Jacoby and Monk, but it was later revealed that it was in fact Weatherby who stayed.
- In LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game, Clubba appears as a playable character. However, he looks like Weatherby and fulfills Weatherby's roll at Isla De Muerta. Strangely, he also appears aboard the HMS Dauntless, where he confronts Murtogg and Mullroy. In the game, Mullroy fires a cannon at Bo'sun and Clubba while they're cursed, and the two are not affected. However, once the curse has been lifted, Mullroy fires again, killing the two.
- Also in LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game, he wields a broomstick instead of a sword during the Port Royal attack.
- Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
- LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game (Non-canonical appearance)
|v • d • eCursed Crew|