- "I guess...I guess I’d want to be back on a farm. There is enough money for me to buy a little farmstead of my own. I’d get some geese, and ducks, maybe some turkeys...chickens, of course. Couple of pigs. I love bacon and ham. And a mule for plowing, and some milk cows."
- ―Robert Greene to Jack Sparrow
The chicken was a domesticated fowl, a subspecies of the Red Junglefowl. As one of the most common and widespread domestic animals, there were more chickens in the world than any other species of bird. Humans keep chickens primarily as a source of food, consuming both their meat and their eggs.
Behind the scenesEdit
- In the Walt Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean, chickens appear in the marketplace, where an improomptu auction is taking place. Chickens on display in the marketplace were "continuously clucking". Chickens are among the fifty-five animals that appear in the ride.
- The Pooped Pirate brandishes a chicken leg instead of a lady's undergarment in the revised incarnation of the scene.
- Pirates of the Caribbean (ride)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Armada of the Damned
- The Price of Freedom (Mentioned only)
- Pirates of the Caribbean Online
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Battle for the Sunken Treasure