|Behind the scenes|
- "Carruthers, isn't it? Enjoy your job, Mr. Carruthers?"
"Yes, sir. Particularly when the folks come up to visit the prisoners."
- ―Weatherby Swann and Carruthers[src]
- "Here now. He can't be here."
"I think you'll find that he can."
- ―Carruthers and Weatherby Swann on Will Turner[src]
After Lord Cutler Beckett arrived to Port Royal, Carruther was stationed at the prison during the incarceration of Elizabeth Swann. He attempted to stop William Turner and Governor Weatherby Swann from entering and also insisted that they should not enter, though he was overruled on both counts by Governor Swann. Carruthers later helped Swann get his daughter Elizabeth out of her cell. His further fate remains unknown.
Behind the scenesEdit
- In the rough script draft of Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest in January 2006, Carruthers is specifically named by Weatherby Swann. His name also appears in the film's credits.