|Behind the scenes|
- "Speak up, ya bilge rat! Where be the treasure?"
"Do not tell him, Carlos! No, no, no, no..."
"No! No! Por favor!"
- ―Treasure Keeper, Carlos' wife, and Carlos[src]
Carlos was the magistrate of Puerto Dorado. After the Wicked Wench attacked the town, Carlos was interrogated by a group of pirates, led by a surly Pirate Captain. During the interrogation, Carlos was lowered and raised from a well, presumably under the threat of drowning. These pirates were demanding to know the location of the town's treasure stores, much to the agitation of Carlos' wife who appeared from a window overlooking the well shouting to Carlos not to tell them.
Behind the scenes
- Carlos was voiced by Paul Frees in the Pirates of the Caribbean ride.
- A deleted scene from The Curse of the Black Pearl featured a man being tortured in the same way as Carlos. According to the 2003 junior novelization, he was a merchant being dunked for sport. The footage was later reused in Dead Man's Chest during a Tortuga establishing shot.
- Carlos is identified as the "mayor" in the The Curse of the Black Pearl DVD Special Feature, Dead Men Tell No Tales: the History of the Attraction and as "magistrate" in concept art.