|Ship(s) captained or crewed|
|Behind the scenes|
- "I'm not looking for trouble!"
"What a horrible way to live."
- ―Carina Smyth and Jack Sparrow
Carina Smyth was an astronomer and horologist around the middle of the 18th century.
A briliant thinker, Carina was a woman ahead of her time. She was often accused of being a witch for her interests in astronomy, time, and mathematics. Though women had no right to study at university in her time, Carina Smyth fought against that rule. She eventually came in possession of a diary with clues that would lead to the mystical trident of Poseidon. Along the way, she encountered Henry Turner and the infamous pirate Jack Sparrow.
Carina sought the trident to not only prove herself as a scientist but to unravel the mystery of where she came from, discover who her unknown father is, and who she is truly meant to be.
Behind the scenes
- In earlier drafts of the script, Carina Smyth appeared as Hector Barbossa's daughter and was a love interest of Jack Sparrow. She was also an astronomer accused of being a witch.
- Kaya Scodelario says that Carina is not the same character as Elizabeth Swann.
- The Brightest Star in the North: The Adventures of Carina Smyth (First appearance)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales
- ↑ http://cdnvideo.dolimg.com/cdn_assets/e9deaca2ff3b005e42c462b879c34114ab56ecb2.pdf Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales Activity Pack (p.4)