Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|For other uses, see Cabin Boy (disambiguation)|
Cabin boy or ship's boy was title given to a young boy who run errands for the captain. Those who served as cabin boys were usually from 14–16 years old and also helped the cook in the galley and carried buckets of food from the galley to the forecastle where the ordinary seamen ate. They would have to run from one end of the ship to the other carrying messages and become familiar with the sails, lines and ropes and the use of each in all sort sorts of weather. They would have to scramble up the rigging into the yards whenever the sails had to be trimmed. They would even begin to stand watches like other crewmen or act as helmsman in good weather, holding the wheel to keep the ship steady on her course.
Notable Cabin Boys
- Jack Sparrow (Troubadour)
- Tim (Fair Wind)
- Sam Hopkins (Wicked Wench)
- Chamba (Wicked Wench)
- Cabin Boy (Unknown ship)
- Cabin Boy (Queen Anne's Revenge)
Behind the scenes
- In the first screenplay draft of Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, Will Turner said that he "worked passage from England as a cabin boy," most likely in the merchant vessel that was attacked by the cursed crew of the Black Pearl. However, its unknown if this is canon or not.
- The Price of Freedom
- Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (First appearance)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides