Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Blue Ensign was an ensign flown on British Royal Navy ships.
The ensign originated in the 17th century with the St George's cross in the canton, and with a blue field background (top right). The Acts of Union 1707 united Scotland, England and Wales in the Kingdom of Great Britain and produced a new blue ensign which placed the Union Jack in the canton.
As one of the best known symbols of the Royal Navy, during the Golden Age of Piracy, the Blue Ensign was primarily used by the ships operating in the West Indies. All British ships of war that used Port Royal as their home port flew the Blue Ensign. When the infamous pirate Jack Sparrow and his associate Will Turner joined forces to commandeer the HMS Interceptor, they continued to fly the Blue Ensign from the peak of the gaff, even when they sailed into the pirate port of Tortuga.
- Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (First appearance)
- The Accidental Pirate!
- Pirates of the Caribbean: The Legend of Jack Sparrow
- Enter... the Scarecrow!
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
- Pirates of the Caribbean PocketModel game (Non-canonical appearance)
- LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game (Non-canonical appearance)