The Blue Bayou restaurant is a full-service Cajun/Creole restaurant located in New Orleans Square. The restaurant was built into Pirates of the Caribbean, so the diners seem to be eating at night in the Blue Bayou. Only Disneyland, Disneyland Paris, and Tokyo Disneyland have Blue Bayou restaurants. Some of the items on the menu have pirate-themed names, including names taken from the Pirates of the Caribbean films.
The earliest inklings of the Blue Bayou restaurant began as early as the 1930s. It began life as a segment of Fantasia using the music Clair de Lune. It got to pencil testing before it was decided that Fantasia was too long and the segment was cut. It re-edited for 1946's Make Mine Music using the song Blue Bayou.
Another inspiration was The Plantation House restaurant. The Plantation House had a Southern theme, being placed near Tom Sawyer Island and the Rivers of America, as well as specializing in chicken. The Plantation House Restaurant was torn down when New Orleans Square was built.
When New Orleans Square was built, the Imagineers decided that the Blue Bayou segment of Pirates of the Caribbean would be a good setting for a restaurant. The design of The Plantation House also seemed good. Thus, the Blue Bayou Resaurant was born.
- Gulf-Stream Jumbo Shrimp Remoulade
- Isla Cruces Crab Cakes
- Alaskan King Crab Legs (Dinner Only)
- Buccaneer's Beef Short Ribs
- Cajun-Spiced Salmon
- Filet Mignon (Dinner Only)
- Five-Pepper Roasted Prime Rib of Beef
- Le Special de Monte Cristo (Lunch only)
- Port-Royal Mahi Mahi
- Portobello Mushroom and Couscous Maque Choux
- Molasses-Brined Bayou Pork Chop
- Royal Street Seafood Jambalaya
- Tesoro Island Chicken
- Blue Bayou chocolate mint doubloons
- Flying Dutchman Cookie Boat
- The Key West, Key Lime
- Tortuga Trio of Creme Brulee
- Citrus Chicken Drumettes
- Kid-Cut Prime Rib
- Mickey's Cheesy Macaroni
- PB&J Monte Cristo