|Behind the scenes|
It is unknown where the pistol was originated or how Blackbeard came into possession of it, but it served Blackbeard well in his persuasion or murdering tactics. Blackbeard had been known to carry at least one flintlock pistol, but this pistol, in particular, had been known to have served him well throughout his life.
Quest for the Fountain of Youth
Throughout the quest for the Fountain of Youth, he attempted to kill many individuals with this weapon. Blackbeard almost used the pistol on Jack Sparrow and Philip Swift, after the former's attempted mutiny, but was stopped by his daughter Angelica, who "disarmed" him with her faith. He later used this pistol during the mermaid attack at Whitecap Bay, where some of his crewmen were running away rather than trying to capture a mermaid. After reaching a jungle chasm, Blackbeard used his pistol to threaten Jack and Angelica's lives.
The fate of the pistol is unknown, but it is possible that the pistol was destroyed when the waters of the Fountain of Youth took Blackbeard's life.
Design and usage
Behind the scenes
- In real-world history, Blackbeard had more than one pistol in his possession. While in On Stranger Tides, he carried and used only one pistol. Some of the concept artworks for On Stranger Tides showed him wearing six pistols.
- It is possible that this pistol was the one Blackbeard used to cripple his friend and trusted officer Israel Hands for life as a sport.
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (First appearance)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides: The Visual Guide
- The Art of Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides