|For other uses, see Black Pearl (disambiguation)|
|Port of registry||
12 main deck cannons
|Behind the scenes|
Sunk in 1631
- "Well, the Black Pearl was always a pirate ship. I won't deny that. Once upon a time, our crew had great luck. Our hold was always full of loot..."
- ―Henry Peat to Nathaniel Hawk[src]
- "Now, all you bold seamen, will you spare a tear? For the Black Pearl and her poor forsaken souls gone to their watery graves beneath the shimmering waves...these lonely, lost, pirates of the Caribbean."
The Black Pearl was originally a pirate ship, and its crew always had good loot, until one day, they found large, beautiful coins, and hardly looking at second thought, they used them. The coins had a curse which created duels among each other, caused chaos, and murder. From that day on, the ship's crew members appeared to be normal men in the morning, but the undead skeletons in the evening. Soon, the story of a dreaded ship which was cursed by God spread through the whole Caribbean.
In 1630, a young pirate Nathaniel Hawk encountered the Black Pearl in Falaise de Fleur port following an attack by two immortal pirates. He was forced to give them the chest which he was carrying in Redmond several days earlier. After hearing tales of a terrible ship captained by the devil himself, Hawk went to search for the Incan temple which contained the mystical artifact needed for the destruction of the ghost ship.
After finding his old friend, Danielle Greene, Hawk discovered the Incan temple on the island of Khael Roa, and the artifact which he was looking for. Danielle took the artifact, which caused the destruction of the temple.
Soon after, Hawk's ship, the Victory, encountered the Black Pearl. Using the power of the artifact, Danielle destroyed the Black Pearl, splitting the ship in half. The Black Pearl sunk to the bottom of the ocean, but its undead crew survived.
Behind the scenes Edit
- This ship appears in the game Pirates of the Caribbean. It was named after the ship of the same name which appeared in the first film, Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl. Despite this, the ship from the game didn't have many similarities with the ship from the film, such as having 32 pound cannons and being a frigate while the movie's Pearl was a galleon.
- Although "Barbossa" is set as the ship's default captain in the game's code, it is very unlikely that this man is Hector Barbossa, cause the game is set about fifty years before he was even born. However, it is possible that the man in charge of the Black Pearl was one of Hector Barbossa's ancestors.
- The game was originally named the Sea Dogs 2, but The Walt Disney Company paid the video game company Akella to rename the game Pirates of the Caribbean for publicity. The ship was originally named the Black Frigate in the early drafts of the game.
|Pirate ships in Pirates of the Caribbean|