The Bible, sometimes referred to as the Holy Bible or the Good Book, refers to collections of sacred scripture of Judaism and Christianity. The oldest surviving Christian Bibles were Greek manuscripts from fourth century AD; the oldest complete Hebrew manuscripts were from the Middle Ages.
Robert Greene, the first mate of the Wicked Wench, owned a Bible which he would read from time to time. After escaping from Fort Charles prison, Pintel and Ragetti escaped Port Royal on a longboat. Ragetti somehow got a hold of a copy of the Bible during the escape, and tried to read it while Pintel was rowing the boat in the middle of the ocean near Isla de Pelegostos. They later got into an argument about if it was right that Ragetti was reading the Bible, even though he couldn't read. A young missionary named Philip Swift also carried a bible.
Behind the scenesEdit
- In the original screenplay of The Curse of the Black Pearl, Will Turner demanded that Hector Barbossa sets Elizabeth Swann free by swearing to the Bible.
- Pirates of the Caribbean (game) (Mentioned only)
- The Price of Freedom (Mentioned only)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (First appearance)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales